When you taste Thrifty, you’re tasting an award-winning ice cream that has brought people together for more than 80 years. First available in ice cream parlors across the West Coast back in 1940 and evolving into a cult-favorite brand available exclusively at Rite Aid store locations across the country, Thrifty holds a special place in American ice cream history.
Submitting an entry constitutes consumer’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
1. Sweepstakes Timing: The Rite Aid 60th Anniversary Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 12:00 a.m. ET on September 11, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on October 22, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes consists of six (6) weekly entry periods (each, a “Weekly Entry Period”), as outlined in the table below. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for entry in the Sweepstakes.
|Weekly Entry Period||Start at 12:00 AM ET on||End at 11:59 PM ET on||Number of Prizes to be Awarded|
|1||Sunday, September 11, 2022||Saturday, September 17, 2022||1000|
|2||Sunday, September 18, 2022||Saturday, September 24, 2022||1000|
|3||Sunday, September 25, 2022||Saturday, October 1, 2022||1000|
|4||Sunday, October 2, 2022||Saturday, October 8, 2022||1000|
|5||Sunday, October 9, 2022||Saturday, October 15, 2022||1000|
|6||Saturday, October 15, 2022||Saturday, October 22, 2022||1000|
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and Rite Aid Rewards members at the time of entry (“Entrants”). Employees of Rite Aid Corp. (the “Sponsor”) and their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, and promotional and judging agencies specific to this Sweepstakes, including Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (the “Administrator”), and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories, and where prohibited by law. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply.
3. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, Entrants who visit https://www.riteaid.com/anniversary-sweeps and log into their existing Rite Aid Rewards account or sign up for a Rite Aid Rewards account will receive one (1) entry into the corresponding Weekly Entry Period and any subsequent Weekly Entry Period(s). There is no cost or obligation to sign up for a Rite Aid Rewards account. To complete your Rite Aid Rewards account enrollment, you must create a Rite Aid Digital Account. A Rite Aid Digital Account is required to enter the Sweepstakes, access your Rite Aid Rewards information, track and convert your points to BonusCash, and other account management features. The information Entrant provides during their Rite Aid Rewards Digital Account enrollment will be used to contact them in the event they are selected as a winner in this Sweepstakes, so Entrants should log into their account at https://www.riteaid.com/rewards or in the Rite Aid App to confirm the information associated with their Rite Aid Rewards account is accurate and up to date prior to their entry in the Sweepatakes.
Limit one (1) Sweepstakes entry per Rite Aid Rewards member per Weekly Entry Period for a total of up to six (6) Sweepstakes entries during the overall Sweepstakes Period. Nonwinning eligible entries will roll over into subsequent Weekly Entry Period(s), if any. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, mailing addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system to participate online is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal phone/internet access and data/usage charges imposed by Entrants’ phone/online service may apply and are Entrants’ sole responsibility.
4. Random Drawings: On or about November 1, 2022, one thousand (1,000) p otential winners will be selected in separate random drawings from among all eligible entries received by the end of each Weekly Entry Period for a total of six thousand (6,000) potential winners. Drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the drawings. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by the end of each Weekly Entry Period. Winners will be notified by email to the email address associated with their Rite Aid Rewards account. Limit one (1) prize per Rite Aid Rewards member during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. Six Thousand (6,000) Prizes: Each prize consists of 60,000 Rite Aid Rewards points. Actual Retail Value ("ARV") of each Prize: $120. Combined ARV of all Prizes: $720,000. Federal, state and local taxes and expenses relating to the acceptance and use of the prize are the sole responsibility of each winner. Rite Aid Rewards points will be deposited into each verified winner’s Rite Aid Rewards account within 6 to 8 weeks following random drawing date. Winners must be Rite Aid Rewards members at time of prize award or prize will be forfeited. Membership in Rite Aid Rewards and the use and maintenance of points awarded in this Sweepstakes is governed by the Rite Aid Rewards Terms & Conditions available at https://www.riteaid.com/rewards/terms-and-conditions, which may be amended from time to time. Rite Aid Rewards points expire ninety (90) days from issuance. Any points converted to BonusCash will expire thirty (30) days from issuance. Points and BonusCash rewards cannot be redeemed to purchase excluded items. BonusCash applied after all discounts, percentages off, and manufacturers’ coupons. Other limitations may apply. See RiteAid.com/rewards. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions (cash or otherwise) are permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, if prize becomes unavailable. No responsibility or liability is assumed for damages, losses, or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. General Rules: EACH ENTRANT HEREBY AGREES TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (“RELEASED PARTIES”) FOR ANY INJURY, DAMAGE OR LOSS THAT MAY OCCUR, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM THE PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR FROM THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE (OR ANY PORTION THEREOF) OR ACTIVITY RELATED TO THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE (OR ANY PORTION THEREOF). RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the Rite Aid Rewards account will be deemed to be the Entrant. The winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the Rite Aid Rewards account associated with the entry. Proof of entering does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. The Released Parties are not responsible for the failure of any email or entry to be received by the Released Parties on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet or at any website. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and award the prizes in separate random drawings from among all eligible entries received by the end of each Weekly Entry Period prior to cancellation or termination. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for undeliverable winner notification emails or for any technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries and administration of the Sweepstakes. The Released Parties are not responsible for typographical or other errors in printing of the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes or announcement of the prizes. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and/or the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The Released Parties and each of their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or the prizes awarded.
7. Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Venue: This Sweepstakes is conducted in English (which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning) and any and all disputes will be resolved exclusively in the Court of Common Pleas for Cumberland County, Pennsylvania. All disputes shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
9. Winners List: For the names of the winners, available after November 15, 2022, send an email to: Winners@dja.com with “Rite Aid 60th Anniversary Sweepstakes – 01-2119-51” as the subject line. Requests must be received by November 30, 2022. Winners’ list will be sent after all prizes have been awarded.
10. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Rite Aid Corp., 30 Hunter Lane, Camp Hill, PA 17011. The Administrator of the Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.