To reach a member of the corporate communications department directly, members of the press are invited to call either (717) 975-5718 or (717) 975-5713. You can also find recent Rite Aid press releases below.
Rite Aid Launches 2nd Annual Online Nail Extravaganza Contest with Beauty Prizes, Coupons & Tips
Two-Tiered Design Contest Uses Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest to Crown 2013's "Rite Aid Nail Enthusiast"< P>
CAMP HILL, Pa. (May 14, 2013) - Rite Aid (NYSE: RAD) is kicking off a multifaceted digital campaign to celebrate one of the beauty industry's hottest trends - nail art. In its second year, Rite Aid's "Nail Extravaganza" is based around the "Search for the Rite Aid Nail Enthusiast," a two-round contest that gives beauty amateurs and aces alike the chance to win 20 different prizes by submitting nail designs at www.riteaidnails.com.
The contest's first round is running now through May 24. This year's campaign also has a few extra "coats" of website features for visitors to enjoy, such as an interactive Color Studio with exclusive product coupons, library of trend videos and searchable database of submission photos that is updated in real time.
"After the tremendous success of last year's Nail Extravaganza in stores and online, it was an easy decision to bring Rite Aid's hottest beauty contest back this year," said Craig Riner, Rite Aid's vice president of marketing. "Nail fans everywhere will love the new site additions including an interactive database of nail designs, regularly updated tips from beauty experts, and trend videos from the contest's 16 sponsors, who are respected leaders in the beauty industry."
The 2013 Nail Extravaganza is designed to give more power to the fans. Visitors to the http://www.riteaidnails.comcan vote once daily and share their picks with friends and family using Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. On May 24, the top 20 vote getters advance and will be mailed a standard palette of nail products from contest sponsors including Essie, L'Oreal, Maybelline Color Show, Sally Hansen, Sinful Colors, Wet n Wild, Cover Girl, Jesse's Girl, JulieG, Kiss, NutraNail Gel Perfect, Pretty Woman, Blue Cross Beauty Products, SensatioNail and Pink Armor Nail Gel.
Starting June 10, the 20 new designs will be judged for originality, complexity and visual appeal by three expert judges-Revlon Senior Vice President Annette Falso, Kiss Nail Dress Brand Ambassador and Nail Files reality show star Katie Cazorla, and popular beauty blogger Julie G, whose line of polish is available exclusively at Rite Aid. At the same time as the expert judging, contestants can rally their supporters for votes using Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
On June 20, the grand prize winner will be chosen by scoring the expert judges' votes as 40 percent of each contestant's tally with the remaining 60 percent based on the public vote. The grand prize winner will receive a $500 Rite Aid gift card, nail products from exclusive Rite Aid suppliers, the opportunity to be featured in Rite Aid nail promotional materials and Gold status for a year on Rite Aid's free customer loyalty program www.riteaidnails.com for official details, rules submission guidelines and descriptions of 19 additional prizes.
In addition to the ever-changing contest results that tabulate in real time, site visitors can stop by often to browse contest entries filtered by theme including classic, elegant, fun, holiday, modern, pop culture, romantic and seasonal. There are also 18 different "trend" videos showing application tips on hot design trends including pearl, dripping paint, reptilian magnetic, spun sugar, gradation (fades), velvet and gel applications plus celebrity looks from Fergie, P!nk and beauty industry insiders. Contest judges will post nail trends, advice and facts about them including their favorite nail products.
For creative inspiration, visitors can easily browse the Color Studio, which displays nearly 200 different polishes based on an interactive visual table that sorts by brand, color, nail effect and category (polish, top coat, strengthening, etc.). When clicked on, the nail design photo also shares coupons and tips to save on the featured product at Rite Aid stores. Exclusive site coupons include 19 different offers for between $1 and $12 off of nail product purchases at Rite Aid.
To join in on all of the Nail Extravaganza conversation and enter to win prizes throughout the contest, follow Rite Aid on Twitter @RiteAid, on Instagram @RiteAidBeauty, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/riteaid and on Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/riteaidpharmacy.
Rite Aid Corporation is one of the nation's leading drugstore chains with more than 4,600 stores in 31 states and the District of Columbia and fiscal 2013 annual revenues of $25.4 billion. Information about Rite Aid, including corporate background and press releases, is available through the company's website at www.riteaid.com.
Media: Eric Harkreader 717-975-5713