Rite Aid Readies for Busiest Shopping Weekend of the Year
"3 Big Days to Save" Starts Thanksgiving with Nearly All Stores Open by 8 a.m. and by 7 a.m. on Black Friday
Camp Hill, Pa. (Nov. 25, 2013) - Rite Aid (NYSE: RAD) is giving shoppers a head start on Black Friday (Nov. 29) shopping with many of its 4,600 locations open at least 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.* According to the National Retail Federation (NRF), up to 140 million shoppers will visit retailers nationwide on Black Friday weekend.
"For retailers and shoppers alike, Black Friday marks the official start of the holiday shopping season," said Tony Montini, executive vice president of merchandising for Rite Aid. "Our shelves are stocked with this year's must-have items, all at an incredible savings. And our convenient locations and extended hours make it easier than ever for our customers to get great gifts for everyone on their lists, making for one 'happy' holiday season."
Rite Aid's Black Friday 3 Big Days to Save promotion will offer members of Rite Aid's free
• A story-telling and singing Santa that stands five feet tall for only $49.99
• Buy a 100-count Christmas light set ($2.97) or a comfy, cozy fleece throw ($1.99) and earn $1 +UP
• A seven-foot pre-lit tree, decorated with pinecones and berries, that is 50% off the regular price all week
• Buy one, get one fragrance sets like Nautica, Lady Gaga and Tim McGraw
• A 9" tablet, a 10" Netbook or 19" LED TV, all from Craig for only $78
• A variety of toys for girls and boys including Barbie and Hot Wheels play sets for only $6.99 and dolls, tea sets, plush stuffed animals and electronic cars and trucks for only $2.99, all from Rite Aid's private brand Kids Stuff.
• Favorites for foodies like two holiday popcorn tins filled to the brim for $7; don't forget about classics like Hershey's Pot of Gold boxed chocolates, Peppermint or Almond Roca and seasonal M&M's
• Buy one, get one As Seen on TV gifts including Flipeez Animal hats, Glow Pets and the Perfecter Fusion Styler
• Send season's greetings to loved ones near and far; stock up on greeting cards with a buy one get one offer on select American Greetings cards. Or buy 10 4" x 8" digital photo greeting cards and get 10 free
• Gift cards are great to have on hand during the holidays! Rite Aid has one of the largest gift card assortments around including many of this year's hottest cards including Hollister, Home Depot, Disney Mickey, Harley Davidson and Olive Garden. And wellness+ members who buy $50 of Old Navy, Gap or Banana Republic gift cards will get a $10 +UP good for a future visit
• Great prices on gift bags, wrapping paper, tape and batteries
And the savings continue on Cyber Monday. From Sunday, Dec. 1 through Monday, Dec. 2, also known as Cyber Monday, Rite Aid is offering free shipping on all orders at www.riteaid.com. Additionally, Rite Aid's Online Store is offering up to 50% off on select categories like decorations, electronics and health and beauty as well as gifts and stocking stuffers.
Rite Aid Corporation is one of the nation's leading drugstore chains with nearly 4,600 stores in 31 states and the District of Columbia and fiscal 2013 annual revenues of $25.4 billion. Information about Rite Aid, including corporate background and press releases, is available through the company's website at www.riteaid.com.
* Store hours may vary and many pharmacies close at 3 p.m.; see www.riteaid.com/stores for details.
Media: Ashley Flower 717-975-5718