Sweepstakes accepting entries:
Currently, there are no sweepstakes that are accepting entries.
Sweepstakes no longer accepting entries:
Rite Aid "Pharmacy Champions" Contest
Official rules. No purchase necessary to enter the contest.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
|ENTRY PERIOD||RANDOM DRAWING|
October 1, 2018, 12:00 a.m. ET – October 31, 2018, 11:59 p.m. ET
December 6, 2018
Submitting an entry constitutes consumer’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest.
- Contest Timing: The Rite Aid “Pharmacy Champions” Contest (the “Contest”) begins 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on 10/01/2018 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 10/31/2018 (the “Contest Period”).
- Eligibility: The consumer portion of the Contest is open only to legal residents of 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees, directors, immediate families (spouses, children, household members) of Rite Aid (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, advertising and Contest agencies, and others involved in this Contest, including Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (the “Administrator”) are not eligible to enter as a consumer. The Pharmacy Associate portion of the Contest is open only to legal residents of 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who, as of 9/24/2018, are 18 years of age or older and are Rite Aid Pharmacists, Rite Aid Pharmacy Technicians or Wellness Ambassadors and employed by Rite Aid (collectively, “Rite Aid Pharmacy Associate ”). Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- How To Enter the Contest: 1) Online: During the Contest Period, consumers (“Entrant”) may visit riteaid.com/champions and complete all required fields of the onscreen entry form, including their name, address, city, state, zip, phone, email and age range as well as their local store location (address, city, state and store number), the name of their favorite Rite Aid Pharmacy Associate , and an explanation about how the Rite Aid Pharmacy Associate gave them exceptional personal health related service (in 100 words or less). All eligible online entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 10/31/2018 for the entry to be included in the Contest. 2) Mail in: During the Contest Period, a postage paid business reply card entry form will be available at all participating Rite Aid stores. As a consumer, complete all required fields of the entry form, including your name, address, city, state, zip, phone, email and age range as well as the store location (address, city, state and store number), the name of your favorite Rite Aid Pharmacy Associate, and explain how he/she gave you exceptional personal health related service (in 100 words or less). Please then tear off the card, fold and tape before mailing. All postage paid mail in entries must be postmarked by 10/31/2018 and received by 11/07/2018 for the entry to be included in the Contest.
Limit one (1) entry per person/email address during the Contest Period regardless of method of entry. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Contest is prohibited. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. If entering via mobile device, normal phone/data and usage charges imposed by your phone service may apply. Neither the Sponsor nor the Sponsor’s parent companies, subsidiaries or affiliates are responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, destroyed, misdirected, incomplete, illegible or mutilated entries. Photocopies, mechanically reproduced, forged or altered photographs of mailed entries and facsimiles are void. Incomplete or illegible entries are not eligible.
- Entry Requirements: Entries must be in English. All entries must be the sole, original work of the Entrants and must not copy or otherwise plagiarize from any source. Entries may not have been published previously or have been submitted in any other competition/promotion. Entries must not contain content that is known by the Entrant to be false, inaccurate or misleading. Entrant must own all rights in and to the entry. Entrant's entry should not violate or infringe upon (nor be at risk of infringing) any third party rights, including without limitation copyright, trademark rights, privacy rights (including portrayal in a false light), publicity rights, or other intellectual property rights. Entrant's entry should not violate any applicable laws, should not be considered defamatory or libelous. Any entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. Entries must not contain material that in the sponsor’s sole discretion is inappropriate, indecent defamatory or discriminatory. Entrants and all submitted entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's image as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, or entry will be disqualified from the Contest. Entries must not disparage persons or organizations associated with Sponsor. Entries must not reference any of Sponsor’s competitors. Entries must not contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bots, spyware or any other computer code that is intended to damage, interfere with, or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information. Content of entries must be in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. In the event the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines that entry contains content that does not comply with these Official Rules, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and remove the entry or, if Sponsor determines, edit the content of the entry. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether entries are eligible.
- Transfer of Rights: Entries become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use entries in any way it sees fit in connection with advertising or promotions in any medium, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without any compensation. Entrants shall have no right to review or approve edits, alterations, or modifications. Further, Entrants give permission to Sponsor to use entries and all submitted content on owned and social media properties including but not limited to www.RiteAid.com and related microsites, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- Judging to Determine the Winners: Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: (i.) Effort from Pharmacy Associate – 50%; (ii.) Impact on Customer – 45% and (iii.); Most Deserving Pharmacy Associate - 5% to determine up to ten (10) finalists (“Finalists”) per division (defined below), consisting of five (5) consumer entries that nominated Rite Aid Pharmacy Technicians/Wellness Ambassadors and five (5) consumer entries that nominated Rite Aid Pharmacists. Each division (“division”) includes a group of participating Rite Aid stores based on their location. Divisions are separated into the following divisions: West Division of the U.S.; East Division of the U.S.; and Metro Division (consisting specifically of the state of NJ; the greater metropolitan area of Philadelphia, PA; and the five boroughs of New York City/Long Island). Entrant can check their specific store if they are unsure as to what division it falls in. A Sponsor-selected panel of judges will then conduct the final judging based on the same judging criteria listed above to determine one (1) Consumer Grand Prize winner from each of the two (2) groups of Finalists for each of the three (3) divisions (six consumers total). The Rite Aid Pharmacy Associates nominated by the Consumer Grand Prize winners will be determined as the Rite Aid Pharmacy Associate winners [one (1) for a Rite Aid Pharmacist and one (1) for a Rite Aid Pharmacy Technician/Wellness Ambassador] per division (three Rite Aid Pharmacy Associate winners and three Rite Aid Pharmacy Technician/Wellness Ambassador winners total). In the event of a tie during the judges’ phase, tied Entries will be re-judged based solely on effort from Pharmacy Associate. Decisions of judges are final with respect to all matters relating to this Contest. By participating, Entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. All prizes will be awarded and winners will be notified by phone, email and/or mail.
- Prizes and Retail Values (“Retail Value”): Consumer Grand Prizes [Six (6) total – one (1) winner who nominated a Rite Aid Pharmacy Technician or Wellness Ambassador per division and one (1) winner who nominated a Rite Aid Pharmacist per division (three (3) divisions total)]: Consumer winners will receive $2,500 worth of Rite Aid gift cards. The Retail Value of each Consumer Grand Prize is $2,500. Rite Aid Pharmacy Associate Grand Prizes [Six (6) total – one (1) for the Rite Aid Pharmacy Technician or Wellness Ambassador and one (1) for the Rite Aid Pharmacist that the Consumer winners nominated per division]: Rite Aid Pharmacy Associate winners will receive $2,500 worth of Rite Aid gift cards as well as a $2,500 donation to a current KidCents charity (mutually agreed upon between Sponsor and winner). Additionally, the Rite Aid Pharmacy Associate winner will receive $1,000, awarded in the form a check, to help offset taxes. The Retail Value of each Rite Aid Pharmacy Associate Grand Prize is $6,000. Charity choice must be mutually agreed upon between Sponsor and Rite Aid Pharmacy Associate Grand Prize winners. All winners will be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 with respect to their applicable prize amount, to be filed in the year in which the prize was received. It is Rite Aid Pharmacy Associate winners’ discretion and responsibility to assume any applicable federal, state, and local tax liabilities/tax benefits of accepting the prize/donating to the charity. Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash, may not be returned, and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Gift Cards may not be used for prescriptions, prescription co-pays, lottery tickets, tobacco, alcohol products, money orders, gift certificates, stamps, licenses, other mailing services and any other items excluded by law. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent permitted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor its affiliates and its agencies to use each winner’s name and/or likeness and entry submission (as applicable) for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners list, unless prohibited by law.
- General Rules: Consumer Grand Prize winners and Rite Aid Pharmacy Associate Grand Prize winners will be required to sign and return an executed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (and assignment of rights for Consumer Grand Prize winners) within five (5) days of receipt of notification, or the prize may be forfeited and alternate winner determined. Return of any prize notification will result in disqualification and an alternate will be determined. By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor/Administrator. By winning the prize, Grand Prize winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. The Sponsor, its affiliates, its agencies and the Administrator are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Contest or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection the Contest. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. Online winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the online entry. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet or at any website. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the online portion of the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the online portion of the Contest and determine the winners based on the judging criteria listed above from among all eligible entries received by mail and online indicating nominations for Rite Aid Pharmacy Technicians and Rite Aid Pharmacists per division prior to cancellation. By participating in the Contest, the Entrants and Grand Prize winners agree that Sponsor, Administrator, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and Contest agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by Entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or participation in the Contest or participation in any Contest or related activity.
- Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Venue: This Contest is conducted in English (which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning) and any and all disputes will be resolved exclusively in the Court of Common Pleas for Cumberland County, Pennsylvania. All disputes shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
- Winners: For the names of the winners, available after 12/16/2018 through 01/15/2019, visit riteaid.com/champions.
- Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Contest is Rite Aid, 30 Hunter Lane, Camp Hill, PA 17011. The Administrator of the Contest is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
Beware of scams that use the Rite Aid name.
There are criminals who send unsolicited emails and make phone calls fraudulently pretending to be reputable companies such as Rite Aid. Scams may mention prizes, such as cash, associated with Rite Aid or Rite Aid programs such as the wellness+ Rewards loyalty program.
The message may claim that you or someone you know has won money as part of a Lottery program. There is no Rite Aid Lottery, and any message of this kind is designed to engage you in a communication with cybercriminals who are intent on victimizing you to gain money.
You might be asked to pay a sum of money in advance in order to receive the fictitious prize. The request for this upfront payment may be tied to claims that it will cover costs such as tax fees, courier services, United Nations clearance checks, and attorney fees, among others. Do not send any money. Not only will you not get it back, but the scammer may contact you in the future and try to extort you for more money before you can collect your prize.
These scammers are professionals and can be very clever and manipulative. The claims can sometimes appear believable on the surface because they mention well-known companies to build your trust.
Rite Aid will occasionally run sweepstakes and promotions, but never under any circumstances will we require winners to submit payment of any kind in order to receive their prize or reward. Any legitimate sweepstakes or promotion that Rite Aid sponsors will be listed on our website https://www.riteaid.com or in our stores.
If you are contacted by anyone by phone or email claiming that you have won a prize from Rite Aid, please visit this Sweepstakes webpage on our site to confirm those claims.