NeilMed Naspira Silicone Nasal Oral Aspirator - 1 ct
Item No. 0303681
The NeilMed Naspira Nasal-Oral Aspirator is the world's most uniquely designed system, where several important safety, quality and efficacy features are combined. With our unique 2-in-1 design, you can either use it as a NeilMed NasaBulb aspirator or as an effective Nasal-Oral suction device where parents can use suction force generated by the mouth similar to sucking through a straw. By using the NeilMed Naspira, you can quickly remove nasal mucus safely and effectively by creating a negative airflow of 5 to 10 liters or more per minute plus longer duration of suction, as opposed to simply using a bulb aspirator where the suction duration is less than half a second. In addition, the NeilMed Naspira Nasal-Oral Aspirator features in-line disposable filters to protect the parent from contact with mucus. The one-way valve prevents a large volume of accidental air from the parent's mouth from blowing into the baby's nose and prevents pushing down of the mucus.
- Transparent design,Sterilizable,Safe for babies & toddlers
- Contains in-line disposable filters to reduce contamination risk
- Components pull apart for easy cleaning
- 2-in-1 design allows for use as both a bulb and an aspirator
- Lifetime warranty,Made of high-grade silicone,Dishwasher safe (excluding disposable filters)
|Product Name||NeilMed Naspira Silicone Nasal Oral Aspirator - 1 ct|
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
1. Hold the baby in an upright to semi-upright position, well secured in your arms, and be sure that the baby is comfortable.2. Place the tip of the bulb into the babys nostril and suck very gently through the mouthpiece, as if you are drinking a liquid from a straw. If needed, you can always use more suction force. The mouthpiece is a one-way valve and will not allow you to blow into the babys nose.3. A pre-treatment with a few drops of saline solution or saline spray in each nostril may help loosen thick mucus before using the NeilMed Naspira Nasal-Oral Aspirator (NOA). Mucus from the babys nostrils will come out very easily and transfer mainly to the tip, and if excessive, into the bulbous area during suctioning.4. Repeat the previous steps in the same and/or the other nostril as necessary.5. Please follow the cleaning and disinfection protocol for the safety of yourself and your baby.6. Change filter if it is soiled with secretions or after the acute infection is over or every week during use.Cleaning & Sterilization InstructionsDisassemble all components.1. Pinch the opening of the tip with your thumb and index finger.2. Squeeze the bulb with your thumb and index finger of other hand so the quick increase in air pressure will separate the parts.3. Take apart the remaining components by pulling apart the ends. Remove the filter and set aside prior to cleansing. The filter cannot be cleaned or sterilized, but can be reused if it has not come into contact with mucus.Wash all loose components with warm dishwashing liquid detergent followed by thorough rinsing with clean water. Shake off excess water.To disinfect choose one of three methods1. Boiling Disinfection Place all components in boiling water for 5 minutes. Allow the water to cool completely before removing the components from the water. Shake off excess water. Allow all components to cool and air dry before reassembling. Use lint free towels to dry the outside of parts and allow it to air dry the inside of the components.2. Microwave Disinfection Clean all components with soap and water as mentioned above, shake off the excess water. Now place all components in the microwave for 45 seconds. This will disinfect all components. Please make sure all components are near dry before placing in the microwave.3.Chemical Disinfection In some countries, where available, use baby bottle disinfecting chemical tablets or solution, and use the same protocol.Note the filter is disposable and should be replaced if it comes into contact with mucus, or after the childs acute illness episode ends. Do not attempt to sterilize and reuse the filter.Can also be used as a single bulb aspiratorFilter is not resterilizable.While the Naspira NOA is dishwasher safe, a dishwasher will not adequately clean the inside of the Naspira components. The water jets in dishwashers cannot enter the narrow parts of the Naspira components, and portions of the interior will not be cleaned thoroughly.