Plan B One-Step Emergency Contraceptive - 1 ct
Item No. 8017536
When used directly, Plan B one-step emergency contraceptive can reduce the chances of pregnancy after unprotected sex. Specifically-designed to prevent ovulation, fertilization and implantation, Plan B contraceptive is not to be used in place of condoms or birth control and is not intended to prevent STDs. Includes one emergency contraceptive.
Features & Benefits:
- This product is not recommended for regular birth control.
- It does not work as well as most other birth control methods used correctly.
- This product works mainly by preventing ovulation (egg release)
- It may also prevent fertilization of a released egg (joining of sperm and egg) or attachment of a fertilized egg to the uterus (implantation)
- Contains levonogestrel, the hormone used in most birth control at a higher dose.
- This product should be used as a backup plan and not as regular birth control.
- Available over the counter without ID, no age restriction
|Product Name||Plan B One-Step Emergency Contraceptive - 1 ct|
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
|Ingredient Preference||Made in the USA|
This product is a single pill taken by mouth. Use as directed within 72 hours (3 days) after unprotected sex or birth control failure. The sooner it’s taken, the better it works. If you vomit within 2 hours after taking the medication, call a healthcare professional to find out if you should repeat the dose..
Active ingredient: levonorgestrel 1.5 mg
Inactive ingredients: colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, potato starch, talc
"Allergy alert: Do not use Plan B One-Step® if you have ever had an allergic reaction to levonorgestrel or any other ingredients in Plan B One-Step®. Do not use: • if you are already pregnant, because it will not work • in place of regular birth control, as it is not as effective Some women may experience side effects, which may include: • changes in your period or spotting • nausea • lower abdominal cramps • tiredness • headache • dizziness • breast tenderness • vomiting Some women taking Plan B One-Step® may have changes in their period such as spotting or bleeding before their next period. If your period is more than a week late, it is possible you may be pregnant. You should get a pregnancy test and follow up with your healthcare professional. If you should experience severe abdominal pain, you should get immediate medical attention. Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control center right away (1-800-222-1222)."
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including , which is known to the State of California to cause . For more information go to https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov.