Item No. 0024384

Photo of Rit Liquid Dye, Scarlet 5 8 fl oz (236 ml)

Rit Liquid Dye, Scarlet 5 8 fl oz (236 ml)

$5.19
Prices Vary by Store

Availability: Select stores. Call for Availability.

Details
All purpose concentrated. Conforms to ASTM D-4236. Made in USA.
Reviews
  • bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getContent, 37.95ms
  • REVIEWS, PRODUCT
  • bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;
Specs
Height 5.45
Width 2.5
Depth 2.25
Unit Price $20.76 per QUART (on regular retail)
Available In Store Only
Depth 2.25
Width 2.5
Height 5.45
Extended Size 8 fl oz (236 ml)
Directions
Shake well before using. Use 1 bottle for 2 lb dry fabric. Add 1 cup salt to dyebath for cotton, rayon, ramie, linen or blends. Polyester or acrylic blends. Polyester or acrylic blends dye lighter. Not recommended for 100% polyester, acrylic, or fabrics with special finishes, rubber-backing, cold water wash, or labeled dry clean only. If in doubt, test dye a swatch. Never pour dye on fabric. Wear rubber gloves. RIT will stain plastic, fiberglass or worn porcelain tub. Use RIT color remover before dyeing to lighter or different color. Wash dyed items separately in cool water. For dark or bright colors, double dye quantity. Washing machine dyeing: Fill washer with hottest water safe for fabric. Add dye, agitate to mix. Add wet, unfolded fabric. Extend wash cycle to 30 min. by resetting wash cycle. Rinse in cool water until clear. Wash deep shades in warm water and detergent. Clean washer immediately with hot water, at highest level, detergent, and 1 cup chlorine bleach, run full cycle. Clean up with bleach. Sink or stove-top dyeing: Add 1/2 bottle dye to 3 gal. hot water for each lb. dry fabric. Add wet fabric, simmer and stir constantly 30 - 60 min. Rinse until water is clear. Wash in warm water and detergent. Clean up with chlorine bleach.
Ingredients
Salt (Sodium Chloride), Anionic and Nonionic Surfactants.

Safety
Eye irritant. Avoid contact with eyes. Wash thoroughly after handling. First Aid: In case of eye contact immediately flush with water for 15 minutes. Call physician. Keep out of reach of children.