| || |
Your Five-Step Plan to Age Gracefully
Modern medicine has eliminated deadly diseases and extended the human lifespan. Unfortunately, many people spend these added years coping with a new set of chronic conditions, including heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
Talk to your Rite Aid Pharmacist about how you can live well.
Exercise and Physical Activity: Getting Fit for Life. National Institute on Aging, June 2013. www.nia.nih.gov/health/publication/exercise-and-physical-activity.
Good Health Habits at Age 60 and Beyond. American Academy of Family Physicians, January 2012. familydoctor.org/familydoctor/en/seniors/staying-healthy/good-health-habits-at-age-60-and-beyond.printerview.all.html
“Healthy Behaviors and Onset of Functional Disability in Older Adults: Results of a National Longitudinal Study.” W. Liao et al. Journal of the America Geriatrics Society. February 2011, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 200-6, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21275933.
Healthy Eating After 50. National Institute on Aging, June 26, 2013. www.nia.nih.gov/health/publication/healthy-eating-after-50.
“Influence of individual and combined healthy behaviours on successful aging.” S. Sabia et al. Canadian Medical Association Journal. Dec. 11, 2012, vol. 184, no. 18, pp. 1985-92, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23091184.
Lifestyle & Management. American Geriatrics Society Foundation for Health in Aging, 2013. www.healthinaging.org/aging-and-health-a-to-z/topic:prevention/info:lifestyle-and-management/
“Lifestyle Risk Factors Predict Disability and Death in Healthy Aging Adults.” E. F. Chakravarty et al. The American Journal of Medicine. February 2012, vol. 125, no. 2, pp. 190-7, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3266548/.
“Mortality and Morbidity Trends: Is There Compression of Morbidity?” E. M. Crimmins and H. Beltrán-Sánchez. Journal of Gerontology: Social Sciences. January 2011, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 75-86. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3001754/.
Protect Your Health As You Grow Older. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Aug. 29, 2013. www.healthfinder.gov/HealthTopics/Category/nutrition-and-physical-activity/physical-activity/protect-your-health-as-you-grow-older
Smoking: It's Never Too Late to Stop. National Institute on Aging, Sept. 17, 2013. www.nia.nih.gov/health/publication/smoking
Young at Heart: Tips for Older Adults. Weight-control Information Network, August 2012. win.niddk.nih.gov/publications/young_heart.htm
- TopMenu-wellness+ plenti
- TopMenu-wellness+ with Plenti Dashboardwellness+ with Plenti Dashboard
- TopMenu-wellness+ with Plenti Programswellness+ with Plenti Programs
- TopMenu-wellness+ with Plentiwellness+ with Plenti
- TopMenu-Pharmacy ServicesPharmacy Services
- TopMenu-Pharmacy BenefitsPharmacy Benefits
- TopMenu-Smoking CessationSmoking Cessation
- TopMenu-Chat with a PharmacistChat with a Pharmacist
- TopMenu-Learn More About Our PharmacistsLearn More About Our Pharmacists
- TopMenu-Drug InformationDrug Information
- TopMenu-Insurance & Prescription SavingsInsurance & Prescription Savings
- TopMenu-Health InformationHealth Information
- TopMenu-Affordable Care ActAffordable Care Act
- TopMenu-Online DealsOnline Deals
- TopMenu-Medicine & HealthMedicine & Health
- TopMenu-Personal CarePersonal Care
- TopMenu-Vitamins & SupplementsVitamins & Supplements
- TopMenu-Sexual HealthSexual Health
- TopMenu-Diet & FitnessDiet & Fitness
- TopMenu-Baby, Kids & MomBaby, Kids & Mom
- TopMenu-Electronics & OfficeElectronics & Office
- TopMenu-Greeting CardsGreeting Cards