| || |
Be Ready This Flu Season
It’s that time again—time to get your flu shot.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone 6 months of age and older receive a yearly flu vaccine. Research shows that vaccination may lower flu-related hospital visits by about 70 percent.
Don’t put it off. If you get your shot right away, you’ll be protected when flu season hits. Even if you had a shot last year, you need another one to fight the most current flu strains.
While getting the flu shot is your best move, follow these tips to avoid passing the flu:
Stay Home if You’re Sick
If you end up catching the flu, follow this advice:
If you get very sick and self-treatment is not working, are pregnant, or have a medical condition that puts you at high risk for complications of the flu (e.g. asthma, diabetes, heart disease), call your doctor. You should also contact your doctor immediately you experience any of the following:
Always consult your physician, pharmacist, or other healthcare professional before changing your daily activity, diet, or adding a supplement. Talk to your Rite Aid Pharmacist for other tips on how to manage during flu season.
“Community Immunity (“Herd Immunity”).” Vaccines.gov, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, www.vaccines.gov/basics/protection/index.html.
“How Well Do Vaccines Work?” Vaccines.gov, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, www.vaccines.gov/basics/effectiveness/index.html.
“Symptoms.” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, www.flu.gov/symptoms-treatment/symptoms/index.html.
“Vaccinations for Adults.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. www.immunize.org/catg.d/p4030.pdf.
“CDC Says “Take 3” Actions To Fight The Flu.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
“The Flu: Caring for Someone Sick at Home” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
“Seasonal Influenza (Flu).” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- TopMenu-wellness+ plenti
- TopMenu-wellness+ with Plenti Dashboardwellness+ with Plenti Dashboard
- TopMenu-wellness+ with Plenti Programswellness+ with Plenti Programs
- TopMenu-wellness+ with Plentiwellness+ with Plenti
- TopMenu-Pharmacy ServicesPharmacy Services
- TopMenu-Smoking CessationSmoking Cessation
- TopMenu-Chat with a PharmacistChat with a Pharmacist
- TopMenu-Learn More About Our PharmacistsLearn More About Our Pharmacists
- TopMenu-Drug InformationDrug Information
- TopMenu-Insurance & Prescription SavingsInsurance & Prescription Savings
- TopMenu-Health InformationHealth Information
- TopMenu-Affordable Care ActAffordable Care Act
- TopMenu-Online DealsOnline Deals
- TopMenu-Medicine & HealthMedicine & Health
- TopMenu-Personal CarePersonal Care
- TopMenu-Vitamins & SupplementsVitamins & Supplements
- TopMenu-Sexual HealthSexual Health
- TopMenu-Diet & FitnessDiet & Fitness
- TopMenu-Baby, Kids & MomBaby, Kids & Mom
- TopMenu-Electronics & OfficeElectronics & Office
- TopMenu-Greeting CardsGreeting Cards
- TopMenu-Order PrintsOrder Prints
- TopMenu-Upload PhotosUpload Photos
- TopMenu-My AlbumsMy Albums
- TopMenu-Photo BooksPhoto Books
- TopMenu-Motion ProductsMotion Products
- TopMenu-Instagram Flip PrintsInstagram Flip Prints
- TopMenu-FeatherLite Gallery PanelsFeatherLite Gallery Panels