| || |
Diabetes: Quitting Smoking
When you have diabetes, smoking makes it harder to manage your blood glucose. Quitting smoking may help keep diabetes under control. It also reduces your risk for heart disease, stroke, lung disease and several types of cancer.
Research shows that the following five strategies can help you stop smoking. Your chance of quitting for good is best if you use them together:
1. Pick a date to quit.
2. Enlist support.
3. Be ready to change.
4. Consider medication.
5. Prepare for difficult situations.
Rite Aid is here to support you when you’re ready to quit. Ask your Rite Aid Pharmacist about the “Quit For You” program today and learn more about Rite Aid’s smoking cessation program.
Always consult your physician, pharmacist, or other healthcare professional before changing your daily activity, diet, or adding a supplement. Shop smoking cessation products now.
“Five Keys for Quitting Smoking.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, www.cdc.gov/tobacco/quit_smoking/how_to_quit/you_can_quit/five_keys.
“Harms of Smoking and Health benefits of Quitting.” National Cancer Institute at the National Institutes of Health, www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Tobacco/cessation.
“Health Effects of Cigarette Smoking.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/effects_cig_smoking.
“Smoking Health Consequences.” National Cancer Institute, www.smokefree.gov/healthConsequences/default.aspx.
“Talk to an Expert.” National Cancer Institute, www.smokefree.gov/expert.aspx.
- TopMenu-wellness+ plenti
- TopMenu-wellness+ with Plenti Dashboardwellness+ with Plenti Dashboard
- TopMenu-wellness+ with Plenti Programswellness+ with Plenti Programs
- TopMenu-wellness+ with Plentiwellness+ with Plenti
- TopMenu-Pharmacy ServicesPharmacy Services
- TopMenu-Pharmacy BenefitsPharmacy Benefits
- TopMenu-Smoking CessationSmoking Cessation
- TopMenu-Chat with a PharmacistChat with a Pharmacist
- TopMenu-Learn More About Our PharmacistsLearn More About Our Pharmacists
- TopMenu-Drug InformationDrug Information
- TopMenu-Insurance & Prescription SavingsInsurance & Prescription Savings
- TopMenu-Health InformationHealth Information
- TopMenu-Affordable Care ActAffordable Care Act
- TopMenu-Online DealsOnline Deals
- TopMenu-Medicine & HealthMedicine & Health
- TopMenu-Personal CarePersonal Care
- TopMenu-Vitamins & SupplementsVitamins & Supplements
- TopMenu-Sexual HealthSexual Health
- TopMenu-Diet & FitnessDiet & Fitness
- TopMenu-Baby, Kids & MomBaby, Kids & Mom
- TopMenu-Electronics & OfficeElectronics & Office
- TopMenu-Greeting CardsGreeting Cards