| || |
Do You Know Your Diabetes Numbers?
When it comes to diabetes, numbers count. By monitoring certain aspects of your health, you can stay in control of your diabetes and help prevent future problems. Here’s a guide to three numbers that everyone with diabetes should know.
1. A1c is a blood test that tells you how well your blood sugar is controlled. While a blood sugar test measures a moment in time, the A1c gives a big-picture view of your blood sugar control during the last two to three months, so you know if your treatment plan is working.
2. Blood pressure is an indication of your blood vessel health. High blood pressure makes your heart work harderaises the risk for heart attack, stroke, and kidney disease, so controlling your blood pressure is important.
3.Cholesterol and triglyceride tests tell you if these blood fats are in the healthy range. Abnormal levels lead to fatty deposits in the arteries and increase the risk for heart attack and stroke.
“A1C and eAG.” American Diabetes Association, www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/treatment-and-care/blood-glucose-control/a1c/.
“High Blood Pressure.” American Diabetes Association, www.diabetes.org/are-you-at-risk/lower-your-risk/bloodpressure.html.
“All About Cholesterol.” American Diabetes Association, www.diabetes.org/are-you-at-risk/lower-your-risk/cholesterol.html.
“Healthy ABCs.” American Diabetes Association, www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/complications/heart-disease/healthy-abcs.htm.
“Know Your Blood Sugar Numbers.” National Diabetes Education Program, ndep.nih.gov/publications/PublicationDetail.aspx?PubId=17.
- TopMenu-wellness+ plenti
- TopMenu-wellness+ with Plenti Dashboardwellness+ with Plenti Dashboard
- TopMenu-wellness+ with Plenti Programswellness+ with Plenti Programs
- TopMenu-wellness+ with Plentiwellness+ with Plenti
- TopMenu-Pharmacy ServicesPharmacy Services
- TopMenu-Pharmacy BenefitsPharmacy Benefits
- TopMenu-Smoking CessationSmoking Cessation
- TopMenu-Chat with a PharmacistChat with a Pharmacist
- TopMenu-Learn More About Our PharmacistsLearn More About Our Pharmacists
- TopMenu-Drug InformationDrug Information
- TopMenu-Insurance & Prescription SavingsInsurance & Prescription Savings
- TopMenu-Health InformationHealth Information
- TopMenu-Affordable Care ActAffordable Care Act
- TopMenu-Online DealsOnline Deals
- TopMenu-Medicine & HealthMedicine & Health
- TopMenu-Personal CarePersonal Care
- TopMenu-Vitamins & SupplementsVitamins & Supplements
- TopMenu-Sexual HealthSexual Health
- TopMenu-Diet & FitnessDiet & Fitness
- TopMenu-Baby, Kids & MomBaby, Kids & Mom
- TopMenu-Electronics & OfficeElectronics & Office
- TopMenu-Greeting CardsGreeting Cards