AND National Ice Cream Day? That’s like the ultimate double scoop! Throughout the decades, Thrifty has always been where the fun was. Whether we were spreading joy at home or bringing communities together outside, we’ve made each year a better scoop than the last. This year, we’re taking it up a notch and we need your help! Join the celebration today.
Submitting an entry constitutes consumer’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
1) Sweepstakes Timing: The Thrifty National Ice Cream Day Thermo Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 10:00 a.m. ET on June 28, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on July 19, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2) Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of the last day of the month prior to date of entry and are enrolled in the wellness+ Plenti membership at time of entry. Employees of Rite Aid Hdqtrs. Corp. (the “Sponsor”) and their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, including Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (the “Administrator”), and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
3) How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, consumers (“Entrants”) can log into their existing wellness+ Rewards membership and click on the “Enter for a chance to win a Thrifty Ice Cream Thermo!” call-to-action banner on Riteaid.com in order to provide requested information to receive one entry into the Sweepstakes. If Entrant does not have a wellness+ membership, they can sign up at www.riteaid.com. There is no cost to sign up for or have a wellness+ membership. The information Entrant provides during their wellness+ membership sign up will be used to contact them in the event they are selected as a winner in this Sweepstakes, so Entrants should log into their account at https://www.riteaid.com/my-account/profile to confirm the information associated with their wellness+ membership is accurate and up to date prior to their entry in the Sweepstakes.
Limit one (1) Sweepstakes entry person/email address throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, mailing addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system to participate online is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal phone/internet access and data/usage charges imposed by Entrants’ phone/online service may apply and are Entrants’ sole responsibility.
4) Random Drawing: On or about July 27, 2020, ten (10) winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. Winners will be notified by email/email link to the email address provided with their wellness+ membership. Prize winners will be required to sign and return an Address/Eligibility Verification form within five (5) days of receipt of notification, or the Prize may be forfeited and alternate winner selected. Return of any Prize notification will result in disqualification and an alternate will be selected. In addition, if a potential winner is selected that entered and there is no contact information (e.g., address, email address, phone number) associated with their wellness+ membership, that potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. Limit one (1) Prize per person.
5) Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Ten (10) Prizes: A new Thrifty Thermo. The ARV of each Prize is $29.99. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions are permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize (or portion of Prize) of equal or greater value, if Prize, or portion of Prize, becomes unavailable. No responsibility or liability is assumed for damages, losses, or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the Prize. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6) General Rules: EACH ENTRANT HEREBY AGREES TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (“RELEASED PARTIES”) FOR ANY INJURY, DAMAGE OR LOSS THAT MAY OCCUR, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM THE PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR FROM THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE (OR ANY PORTION THEREOF) OR ACTIVITY RELATED TO THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE (OR ANY PORTION THEREOF). RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the wellness+ membership will be deemed to be the Entrant. The winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the wellness+ membership associated with the entry. Proof of entering does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. The Released Parties are not responsible for the failure of any email or entry to be received by the Released Parties on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet or at any website. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and award the Prize in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation or termination. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, mistranscribed winner documents or for any technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries and administration of the Sweepstakes. The Released Parties are not responsible for typographical or other errors in printing of the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes or announcement of the Prizes. If there are any discrepancies between printed materials and the Official Rules, the Official Rules will govern and control. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The Released Parties and each of their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or the Prizes awarded.
7) Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Venue: This Sweepstakes is conducted in English (which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning) and any and all disputes will be resolved exclusively in the Court of Common Pleas for Cumberland County, Pennsylvania. All disputes shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
9) Winners: For the names of the winners, available after July 31, 2020, send an email to: Winners@dja.com with “Thrifty National Ice Cream Day Thermo Sweepstakes - 01-2119-48” as the subject line. Requests must be received by August 31, 2020. Winners list will be sent after all Prizes have been awarded.
10) Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Rite Aid Hdqtrs. Corp., 30 Hunter Lane, Camp Hill, PA 17011. The Administrator of the Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.