Your heart is in your own hands. Take care of it by incorporating these heart-healthy nutrients into your diet.
- Low levels of vitamin D are linked to an increased risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Healthy sources: fortified milk and fatty fish.
Omega-3 fatty acids
- Omega-3 fatty acids may reduce inflammation and lower blood pressure.
- Healthy sources: salmon, sardines, and walnuts.
- This mineral is important for keeping your heartbeat and blood pressure where they should be.
- Healthy sources: avocados, spinach, and almonds.
- Getting just the right amount of this electrolyte is vital for heart function.
- Healthy sources: bananas, tomatoes, and beans and potatoes.
- A cup of white beans will give you roughly 45 percent of your RDA. Although it is best to obtain nutrients from foods, sometimes supplements are needed. Talk to your doctor or Rite Aid Pharmacist about gaps in your diet and the supplements that may be right for you, and visit Riteaid.com for all of your product needs.