While the prescriptions you take are doing a lot of good to help your body, they can also deplete certain nutrient levels. It’s easy to fill the gaps with nutrients as long as you know what you’re looking for.
Find your prescription below and see what nutrients might be recommended for you.
1. US National Library of Medicine. Drugs, Herbs and Supplements. Internet: https://www nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginformation.html Accessed 28 April 2016
2. Meletis CD & Zabriskie N. Common nutrient depletions caused by pharmaceuticals. Alt Comp Ther. 2007; 13(1):10-17..
3. Hyla Cass, M.D. A Practical Guide to Avoiding Drug-Induced Nutrient Depletion: http://nutritionreview/org/2013/04/ practical-guide-avoiding-drug-induced-nutrient-depletion/
4. Clayton JA, Rodgers S, Blakey J. Thiazide diuretic prescription and electrolyte abnormalities in primary care. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2006 Jan;61:87-95.
5. Pak CY. Correction of thiazide-induced hypomagnesemia by potassium-magnesium citrate from review of prior trials. Clin Nephrol 2000;54:271–275.