Lift Spirits, Soothe Pain
Try these low-impact activities to relieve stress, boost your mood, and improve flexibility to help achieve Whole Health.
While standing or in an otherwise relaxed position, place one hand on the abdomen and one on the chest.
- Inhale slowly through the nose.
- Hold for 4 seconds.
- Exhale slowly through the mouth.
Stage a dance party!
- Put on your favorite music.
- Dance like no one is watching.
- Invite the other members of your household to join in!
Yoga may help relieve low-back and neck pain, and may help people with chronic conditions manage symptoms and improve quality of life.
Try bridge pose to strengthen your lower back.
- Lie on your back with both knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- With arms lying at your sides, tighten stomach muscles, squeeze buttocks, and slowly raise your hips into the air. Hold for 5 second and then slowly bring the buttocks back to the floor.
- Repeat 20 times.