Lift Spirits, Soothe Pain
Try these low-impact activities to relieve stress, boost your mood, and improve flexibility to help achieve Whole Health.
- While standing or in an otherwise relaxed position, place one hand on the abdomen and one on the chest.
- Inhale slowly through the nose.
- Hold for 4 seconds.
- Exhale slowly through the mouth.
- Stage a dance party.
- Put on your favorite music.
- Dance like no one is watching.
- Invite the other members of your household to join in!
Yoga may help relieve low-back and neck pain, and may help people with chronic conditions manage symptoms and improve quality of life.
Try bridge pose to strengthen your lower back.
- Lie on your back with both knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- With arms lying at your sides, tighten stomach muscles, squeeze buttocks, and slowly raise your hips into the air. Hold for 5 second and then slowly bring the buttocks back to the floor.
- Repeat 20 times.