Yield: 2 servings
- 2 c. water
- 1 c. rolled oats
- dash of salt
- ½ c. applesauce
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. and 1 tsp. brown sugar
- Pour the water, oats, and salt into a medium-size pot on the stovetop.
- Heat the mixture until it boils, then turn the heat to low.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the applesauce and cinnamon.
- Cook on low heat and continue to stir the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Pour the oatmeal into a bowl and sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Allow the oatmeal to cool for a minute before digging in.